Thursday, November 20, 2008

Interview with Cthings!

One of the things that I love about Etsy is that when you meet someone you are bound to meet them again...somewhere! I was Cthings 1st (and they were lovely pink earrings!), so imagine my surprise when the online randomizer choice her shop for the interview! Wow, I had to add the Garnet Wire Wrapped Pendant, it's amazing...I'm sure you'll agree!

1)What did you think when you first found Etsy?I first found Etsy through a friend. She gave me this piece of paper from a magazine in which Etsy advertised in so then I checked it out and thought Etsy was cool! So I’m hooked.


2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!I have been married for 18 years to my wonderful husband and we have one son who is 11 years old. We have one dog that is a beagle. I work out of my home as a Licensed Massage Therapist for the past 11 years. It is hard for me to pick one art/craft. I think I would have to say wire wrapping jewelry is what I love at the moment. I have worked with drawing, painting, sewing, knitting and now jewelry. I guess I find pleasure in just working with my hands.

3)Tell us something about yourself that would surprise others!I’m a big fan of “Oprah”

4)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?To get the word out I have told friends, family, clients, using the blog, Etsy forums, Etsyforanimals team, twitter and now neatostuff. I want to check more out as time goes on. Maybe advertise on a blog sometime.

5)Without the luxury of a picture, how would you best describe your work area?Work area? Are we supposed to have one of them? I just sit at our dining table and sprawl all over it. My guys sure put up with quite a bit. Thanks guys!

Oprah is great, I gained a tremendous amount of respect for her, once I watched the footage showing Oprah crying (with her mascara running I must add) on the guys shoulder when Obama won the election! Funny part was, that guy was so mesmerized that I don't think he even noticed!! Gosh, how could you not feel for her and the endless amount of adults that cried that nite?

Visit Cthings and see the other stunning jewelry pieces she has to offer!



I want to feature your shop! If you want to win a free interview and Etsy Mini feature on Izzy-it...read this:
Continue to leave comments, your shop could win an interview at Izzy-it. I will draw a random shop from all of the comments received each week....using an online randomizer.

To maximize your exposure I will be promoting the Featured interview on my Twitter Channel!

6 comments:

Cthings said...

*blushing* Thanks so much tackyhandmade! Please visit Tacky's wonderful shop and she's great to know! ♥

missknits said...

wow stunning jewelry! great interview too! thanks for sharing this!

Amie Hartman said...

Cthings does do beautiful work! It's nice to know some personal things about the artists behind the shop.

Anonymous said...

Great interview! It was an opportunity for me to learn about Cthings' beautiful jewelry. Plus she sounds like a very cool person -- someone who would be fun to hang out with!

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Beautiful jewelry!!! It's fun to learn about other Etsy people. Great interview.

Unknown said...

Its always so inspiring to read about other artists!