Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Interview with ChristopherandTia

Welcome to the bright, neon world of ChristopherandTia, I found their interview to be more of the same...colorful! Recipe boxes and cards are so very popular and their work should tickle your kitchen fancy!

1)What did you think when you first found Etsy?
I felt like Alice in Wonderland. Or, Alice in Handmade Wonderland. I think that like most people, I was instantly addicted.



2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!
Christopher is in the Air Force, and I'm a stay at home mom. We've got a beautiful 2 year old daughter, and another baby due in December. We like to do arts and crafts together. We use our kitchen table for more of a painting station than we do eating on. Now that our daughter is a toddler, we're really looking forward to starting some Halloween crafts. Ya know, puffy cotton ball ghosts and silly things like that, haha.

3)Tell us something about yourself that would surprise others!
I don't know if its much of a surprise, since I spend way too much time in the etsy etc forum, but, I have about a million food allergies. We cook everything from scratch, and haven't been out to eat in over a year. I'm on a gluten/soy/dairy/egg/corn/potato/cellulose/amaranth/sorbitol/carageenan/caffeine/avocado free diet. Meal time sure gets interesting, haha.

4)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?
I don't do much in terms of advertising. I spend a lot of time, probably too much time, in the etsy etc forums. And I like to update my blog daily.

5)Without giving us the benefit of a picture, how would you best describe your work area?
Well, our work areas are kind of spread out from the craft table in our bedroom, to the bar in the kitchen. We do a lot of our paper crafts upstairs in our bedroom, where little 2 year old hands can't reach. All of our paintings stay downstairs in the kitchen area. The clutter can get overwhelming, but it comes to a point where we have to say "who cares?", its our house, and we can craft how we want to craft, haha.


VisitChristopherandTia and enjoy their great blog!

11 comments:

Beth said...

Great interview. That is one of my favorite shops.

w said...

i love their blog. it's hilarious... great feature on them.

Glen Hibline illustration said...

Great blog! Love the interview.

Kookababy said...

I'm glad I found your blog. Great interview. It's nice to hear from fellow artists and what they are up to.

ourgreatgreenglobe said...

Wow! What a bummer to live with so many food allergies! I love their wolf recipe cards!

Prairie Girl Boutique said...

I love your blog, and will be checking in regularly to see your interviews! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely interview...and I thought I had it bad with just plain gluten and egg allergies!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Great interview!

Cthings said...

Good to see you!! Wonderful interview! It sounds like they will stay busy with kids! Thanks for visiting!

BirdWatching Designs said...

I love reading etsy interviews. Great blog!

The Abbey said...

Great interview!!! I am so glad that I found your blog (yes, I'm claiming the glory!!!) I can't wait to be interviewed ;)