Monday, March 2, 2009

Sad news concerning Carole....



As many of you know, we've been helping to raise money and awareness for Carole Stites-Luka who has a rare form of liver cancer. Our efforts have not been in vain as you will determine from Carole's daughter Cindy, as she eloquently writes a letter to all of us whom have done our part to help one brave woman. If you are not familiar with her story, please read the posts provided in her blog. Carole was a crossing guard whom would do wonderful things for the small children that she helped stay safe; including putting her own life in danger! She has touched my heart forever and I ask all of you, who are so inclined, to pray that Carole strength stays with her, as she deals with everything she needs to face. Also Pray for a miracle, as we all know miracles have been and can be possible.




Letter from Cindy (Carole's daughter)
All,We received the news late last Friday my Mom has been turned down by Mayo for a liver transplant. The purpose of going there was for evaluation which is required pre-transplant. While there we received fluctuating reports that seemed promising to not. Then, the 'selection committee' comprising 14 doctors were going to meet last Weds to decide whether or not to proceed.....




read more of Cindy's touching letter at:






2 comments:

Mishkat said...

I am really sorry to hear this, but Carole's and Cindy's attitudes are really great. Sometimes life is just hard - what can I say? I think they are doing the right thing, though - and I really hope Carole gets to see the Grand Canyon!

Cthings said...

I'm really so sorry to read about this. Hopefully they will reconsider and be able to take her. I will keep her and family in my prayers.